We are an early-stage, fully remote startup with people across the US. We are moving fast and are laser-focused on a specific customer and specific problem. We have a product that customers love and a big vision to solve a massive problem.
The opportunity at BuildBook to make a lasting impact is huge - the market in the US alone is $540B per year and is made up of over 550,000 small businesses focused on residential construction and remodeling.
BuildBook helps residential construction companies and their clients collaborate more effectively, make better decisions, and simplify the construction process. Builders love us because we help them minimize miscommunication that leads to costly mistakes, make more money, and delight their customers. Homeowners love us because we give them a feeling of control and help make renovation less stressful.
This industry is full of older “kitchen sink” style software products that are expensive, dated and difficult to use. Most people who need this software are non-technical and struggle on a daily basis to keep track of the details within their business. These struggles are where the errors typically come in.
Our mission is to create intuitive software that is easily adoptable by builders and their clients alike, and improves the outcomes for both sides.
Helping Real People with Exceptional Content
Our customers are small business owners and their clients. Our goal is to produce content that has a direct impact on the bottom line of their lives and business. You will be able to see your content being consumed by real people, looking for answers and solutions to real problems. Our success as a company is directly linked to the success of our customers.
About the Job
We're looking for a Content Creator in a contract-based role to craft high-quality and engaging content catered to the residential construction community.
This role is for an experienced storyteller with a background or knowledge in custom home building or remodeling who can educate, inspire, and help construction business owners looking to do more, and achieve more. You’ll work closely with the growth team to write engaging, well-researched content that is consistent with our values, trusted by our customers and aligns with our goals.
You'll be responsible for:
- Writing up to 3 articles per week
- Contacting and interviewing subject matter experts when needed
- Conducting and documenting research for content when needed
- Collaborating and coordinating with members of the growth team
- Optimizing content based on good SEO standards
Our team is small but growing, and our content calendar is full of much more than we can produce without more support. You’ll join us at an exciting time of skyrocketing growth and will play a key role in the early stage of BuildBook that will have both an immediate and long-term impact on the success of the product and company.
As a fully-remote team, we’re looking for someone who is self-motivated and highly productive.
You should have:
- Exceptional writing skills for a variety of formats and topics
- Good organizational skills and strong attention to detail
- Ability to write clearly, adapt to different styles, meet deadlines and work independently
- Strong understanding of SEO best practices
- Strong interpersonal skills and comfort in collaborating with customers, outside experts and the BuildBook team
- Residential construction industry knowledge and/or experience
- Ability to prioritize, problem-solve, multitask, and work independently in fast-paced environment
- A drive for shared success and a desire to jump in to help get things done
- Growth oriented mindset and ability to take an idea from conception to execution
We don't need you to have years of experience or a degree in investigative journalism to impress us. We're looking for your prior work to speak for itself.
How to Apply
Send us your resume, tell us a bit about yourself, your experience in residential construction, and three or more samples of your most relevant content that best demonstrates the quality of work you do.